Thursday, April 29, 2010

Three Identical Objects

The assignment was to create three identical objects. We could implement different colors but the construction and details needed to be the same. I wanted to keep challenging myself and my sewing skills so I took on the task of creating a handbag or purse (what is the right term anyway?). I was happy to find the gold and blue linen on sale at Joans Fabrics, mostly because I am in love with this yellow! The lining a pattern of mine that I had printed on cotton sateen. I really enjoyed this project and all the problem solving that came with it. Consider this the first handbag collection from Brenda Aguilar Designs.
The flower is a broche that is pinned to the purse. You can take it off and pin it to an outfit or maybe even use a bobby pin and put it in your hair!
This one is made with silk taffeta making it a little more expensive ;)

The bag turned inside out to show the lining.

2 comments: